Bignell Watkins Hasser Architects, also known as BIGWAHA, is a full-service architectural design firm with a reputation for being technically strong architects and creative designers. Our firm’s culture promotes an approachable work style, backed by 44 years of experience and knowledge in a wide range of market sectors. Our portfolio includes retail, mixed use, office, senior living, public safety, multi-family residential, education, religious, and local government clients. Since 1977, we have served a variety of clients from Maine to Florida with a focus on the mid-Atlantic region.
We strive to exceed our clients’ goals and expectations on every project. Our success can be measured by the number of long-lasting relationships we have with nationally recognized clients.
BIGWAHA is seeking a Marketing Director with experience in the A/E/C industry focusing on pursuits and client communications. Primary responsibilities will include tracking business opportunities, preparing responses to RFPs, developing marketing presentation materials, disseminating external communications, maintaining project and client data, and coordinating firm’s participation in special events and industry conferences. (BIGWAHA is also looking to fill a companion position, Business Development Manager. Please see separate job posting.)
Responsibilities will include:
• In partnership with the Business Development Manager, lead overall efforts to win new business.
• Track opportunities in the Public and Private sectors.
• Prepare proposals in response to RFPs and RFQs, including coordination with sub-consultants and internal technical staff.
• Lead preparation of marketing packages, interview presentations, and other marketing materials.
• Maintain up-to-date marketing files and project data, including project photography.
• Develop and coordinate content for the firm’s website and social media platforms.
• Plan and prepare for industry conferences and exhibits. Attendance at industry events may be required.
• Develop award submissions.
• Coordination of firm’s internal special events – company picnic, holiday party, etc.
• Bachelor’s Degree (preferably in Marketing, Communications, or related fields).
• Five -Ten years of marketing experience, preferably with three-five years of experience in the A/E/C industry.
• Highly motivated with the ability to prioritize and multi-task multiple initiatives.
• Effective communicator who doesn’t shy away from engaging with people, both externally and internally.
• Ability to work independently but also collaborate with a variety of people from a wide range of skill sets.
• Highly organized and attention to detail is essential.
• Strong writing skills.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Creative Suite.
• Familiarity with Deltek Vision is a plus.
This is an immediate opening but there is flexibility to postpone start date to January 2022.
Bignell Watkins Hasser Architects offers a collaborative work environment with the opportunity to contribute to a variety of projects. Our firm takes pride in our strong technical expertise, creative design, and lasting relationships with clients, consultants, contractors, and employees.
Located in the vibrant City of Annapolis, we enjoy a high-energy, learning environment with opportunities for training and growth. Benefits include paid parking, group health insurance, 401k plan, paid leave and holidays.
Please email your resume and examples of your work to Frank Watkins at firstname.lastname@example.org